Call for Papers: Anarchist Futures
An online conference that we may be interested in applying to do a talk at. Abstracts should be sent by 30 April 2022.
The 7th International Conference of the Anarchist Studies Network will be held as an online event on 24th-26th August, subject to change to hybrid if we find a suitable location. ASN conferences aim to broach new frontiers in anarchist scholarship and encourage cross-pollination between disciplines. We also invite people who don’t usually reside in or feel comfortable in academia to do workshops, talk about their work, projects, plans and build connections.
The central theme for this conference is Anarchist Futures. A list of suggested topics includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- How do we imagine the future? What does an anarchist society look like?
- How do we imagine a world without prisons, the state or police?
- How did anarchists in the past imagine the future? Did we get there?
- How does literature and art envision an anarchist future?
- How do we act for the future now?
- What is needed to change the future?
- Who are the actors of change?
- What is the role of imagination in changing the world?
- What is the relationship between anarchist theory and the future?